Friday, March 23, 2012

Meaning What We Say

Without getting into great detail, I just want to share something that I've learned over the past two weeks.

A couple of days ago there was a death in my grandparents church. This woman was extremely respected among the members, and truly was a woman of God. She had changed many lives for the better, through the church and through missionary work.

Anyways, she suffered a stroke, and about a week and a half later, she passed away. It really struck a chord with me, not only because I had known her my whole life, and many people I knew were very close to her, but because I had just shaken her hand and exchanged "Nice to see you's" with her about 2 week prior.

It just got me thinking about how we don't necessarily think to much into what we say, when we say it. When we say "Oh it's good to see you, glad you are doing well" we most definitely mean it, but we don't really MEAN it mean it. What I'm trying to say is, we don't really consider the possibility of them not being well, of us not seeing them. It is good to see them, but on a week-week basis, it becomes a given, sort of like a right, not a privilege.

From this I've learned that maybe we really do need to consider how blessed we are to see and talk to those we love when we wake up, or at some point. You can be extremely healthy, and your next breath still isn't a given.

Personally, I'm not afraid of death. I do not fear death as much as I fear it coming to those I love and care for. With that, I'll be trying my best from now on not to take the small things for granted.

I'm not saying I did before, and I'm not saying I won't ever again, but I think we need to try our best to seize every second of every day, because any second could be our last.

Peace & God Bless,

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave A Comment!